Thursday, October 27, 2011

Zigzagged through traffic
Middle fingered a half dozen cars
Honked at one
High beamed the rest
Swerved into a parking spot
Picked up a six-pack
Plopped on the couch

I close my eyes to forget their faces
Too late
They're branded, seared, burned into the inside of my forehead

I want to forget it after 2PM
I can't
I walk through the halls to pray
Is it useless?

I'm new
It will get better
I'll get used to it
I don't want to get used to it

Shock is a reaction of the innocent
If I lose the former, I lose the latter
A cheap price?

I train harder now
with more purpose
I eat more
a lot more
I'm not trying to get pretty
I'm trying to get ugly

I end each hour with a pile of regrets
I keep them at my breast pocket
They weigh like lead
I want my fists to be like lead

I hate it
but I can't get enough
It riles up a destructive force

I want to break the bad bones
I want to grind the evil into powder
I want to sew up the malicious lips

I can't do it with lead hands
I'll need something better
Give me wisdom
Give me ability
Give me backbone

I don't have love for these unlovable bastards
Please, give me that too

No comments:

Post a Comment