Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blaise Pascal once said:

“There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus”


I think I understand what Pascal is saying. I believe he is saying that only God can fill the void in our chest, and all other things cannot satisfy even the smallest snippet of our souls. Yes, I would agree with this. I would hope, however, that no one assumes that just because God is not there, that this man is empty. If God is not enthroned in a man's heart, I believe someone else is. I imagine unseen demonic forces dancing and merry-making in the decrepit cavernous monstrosities we call "hearts". I see our venae cavae pumping life blood into our cavaties to feed these demons, making them more and more plump, and thus giving them more life, volume, and furthermore power and control. This..

No comments:

Post a Comment