Friday, September 10, 2010

3AM

Whenever it's 3AM, I think of the song by Matchbox twenty: 3AM (Piano version).
However, this morning, I am thinking of Cathy Ames' psychotic nature, Cyrus Trask's lies, the tension between Adam and Charles Trask, and the amicable nature of Samuel.

Quite frankly, this book, East of Eden is scaring the crap out of me. Perhaps its the perpetual vision of cold, indifferent stares of pretty, soft-skinned girls and hardened men with darkened scars on their brow.

I just laid in bed for two and half hours reading this, and am wondering whether to finish this book or to damn it. I wonder how in the world this out-competed Elizabeth Eliot's Passion and Purity? I was enamored by that book, and couldn't put it down a few nights ago. Darn you, Steinbeck, and your gripping murderous mysteries. They are too thrilling--too tempting. I need to guard this mind and end this rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment